5 Roof Maintenance Tips to Reduce Wear and Tear
The roof of your home not only protects your family and belongings, but it also helps secure the structural integrity of the property. With that in mind, your home insurance company is very much focused on helping you to protect your roof. If you have a simple roof leak, for instance, it could impact the overall structural integrity of the building. It is much easier and less expensive for a home insurance company to cover the repairs to your roof than to replace the home because of structural damage.
Protecting Your Home
While home insurance companies take great interest in protecting roofs, it’s important to know that your policy only covers and supports claims against the roof if it is properly maintained. So, it is up to the homeowner to ensure the roof remains in good condition.
How to Maintain Your Roof
To reduce wear and tear and ensure your roof meets your home insurance provider’s requirements, focus on these maintenance tips.
- Visually inspect the roof at least once a month. Pay close attention to missing shingles or warping. This is where the shingles lift off the surface.
- Climb into the attic of your home and look for signs of exterior water damage on the roofing materials. If water or moisture exists here, you’ll need to call a roofer to patch the leaks.
- Keep your roof clean. It’s always necessary to clean out gutters, but you should also remove debris from the structure.
- Keep tree branches away from your home’s roof. Tree branches can cause significant damage to the structure as they grow. They also pose a significant threat for damage during stormy weather.
- Have your roof properly cleaned by a professional to remove all algae and mold growth that may grow on the surface.
Proper roof maintenance can provide you with a wide range of benefits, including reducing the risk of unnecessary wear and tear. This can help minimize your need to file a home insurance claim.
Protect your house from the unforeseen. Call Bargain Insurance Connection for more information on the home insurance we offer.