Auto Icon


Get affordable auto insurance in Missouri, Kansas & Illinois
Get a Quote
Home Icon


Homeowners, vacant property and landlord insurance in Missouri & Kansas
Get a Quote
Motorcycle Icon


We browse through a wide variety of coverages and find the right one for you.
Get a Quote
SR22 Icon


SR22 and non-owner insurance for Missouri, Kansas & Illinois
Get a Quote
Commercial Auto Icon

Commercial Auto

Commercial insurance for semi-trucks, dump trucks, box trucks and more!
Get a Quote
General Liability Icon

General Liability

Protect your business with general liability insurance!
Get a Quote
Home » Kansas City

Kansas City


What Information Do I Need To Get an Car Insurance Quote in Missouri?

We need some information from you to get you an accurate price quote on car insurance.

  • Your Name and Address
  • Date of Birth and your Drivers License Number (to verify your driving record)
  • Year, Make and Model of the vehicle OR VIN number.
  • Coverage desired – liability only or comprehensive and collision


Can I Get a Quote With Multiple Vehicles?

Of course, since you’re insuring more than one vehicle, the insurance companies will give you a multi-vehicle discount. You may get liability coverage on the first car and comprehensive coverage on the second car if you wish.

Searching for car insurance

Can I Get Insurance Without a Valid License in Kansas City?

A valid license is required to qualify for a policy from most insurance companies in Kansas City. However, we work with insurers in Kansas City that will accept your application even if you have never held a driver’s license. Expect higher insurance premiums due to inability to verify your driving history.

What If I Have a Permit Only, Can I Get an Auto Quote?

Permit licenses are allowed as long as you work toward obtaining your actual driver’s license. Some insurance companies will only give you 30 days to acquire a license. There are also insurance companies that don’t have a time restrictions on permits, however there is usually a surcharge for inexperienced drivers. You need to let your insurance company know as soon as you receive your drivers license, you may qualify for better rates.

I am Underage, Can I Have my Own Auto Insurance Policy?

You may get your own policy as long as you have a valid driver’s license. If you are under the age of 18, your parent or legal guardian would have to co-sign the application. In most cases it is cheaper to be added to your parents policy, since car insurance is the most expensive for new drivers between 16-19 years of age. Once you have more than three years of driving experience you will find much more affordable car insurance.

I Live With Roommates, Do I Have to Add Them To My Policy?

In majority of the states, such as Missouri, you can exclude your household members from your insurance if they will never drive your car. Your declaration page will show an excluded driver, and your insurance card might show this information.

If they happen to drive your car anyway, the insurance company will deny the claim.

Can I Get Car Insurance on a Salvage Title Vehicle?

That’s true with some companies, even though with some you may be eligible for liability only coverage. There are companies that will provide comprehensive and collision coverage as long as the vehicle is fully repaired. Usually a vehicle that’s been declared a total loss once is not eligible for comprehensive and collision coverage since the vehicle will have a salvage title.
Your agent at Bargain Insurance Connection can go over the options with you before buying the policy.

Can I Get a Full Coverage Quote on an Older Cars?

There is a age restriction when it comes to comprehensive and collision insurance. Insurance carriers will limit that coverage usually between 15-20 year old cars.
Very few carriers will insure cars that are older than 20 years with comprehensive and collision, and in cases where they will accept it, premiums may be high.

If you have a classic and restored vehicle, you may qualify for classic insurance which would insure your car for the appraised amount.

I Have Two Accidents on My Record, Can I Still Be Insured?

Even two accidents would not prevent you from obtaining insurance, but be prepared to pay higher premiums than someone with a clean driving record.

Should you get a third accident within five years, things become considerably more difficult. Most insurance carriers will not cover you after three or more accidents. Rates can be exorbitant if insurers that will still take you accept you.

I Am Borrowing Someone Else’s Vehicle, Can I Insure It?

Common rule is that you have to have insurable interest in the property to insure it under your name, meaning your name is on the title of the vehicle.

Other companies may provide you with vehicle insurance, but it is frequently with restricted coverage. Restriction applies to permissive use. Permissive use means when you let someone drive your car who is not on your insurance policy and not excluded. With restrictions, it means permissive use is either not covered or covered with basic liability coverage only. Check with your insurance agent or your carrier about restrictions on borrowed vehicles.

But no worries, Bargain Insurance Connection has companies that will let you insure a borrowed vehicle.

Now that you know what you need, request a quote today.


Get A Car Insurance Quote

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

©2024. All rights reserved. | Powered by Zywave Websites