General Liability Insurance
General Liability Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
General Liability Insurance Information
Get the protection your business needs in Missouri
Sufficient loss control practices are integral to any organization’s risk management process. While keeping your employees safe and healthy should be a top priority, your company must also be diligent in assessing potential external issues, such as being responsible for other parties’ losses. Without adequate liability insurance, even a single accident or error could have catastrophic consequences for your financial well-being and future growth.
Types of Claims Covered by General Liability Insurance
As its name suggests, general liability insurance can provide robust financial protection for your organization in response to many potential incidents. This coverage’s benefits may transcend industry lines and other classifications. In most cases, an adequate general liability insurance policy can help insulate your business from the following:
- Bodily injury—If your organization is responsible for the bodily injuries of a third party, such as a customer or passerby, this coverage can help pay for their medical expenses and resulting lost or reduced income.
- Property damage—If your business is at fault for damaging another party’s property, such as while working at a client’s home or by causing an incident that affected neighboring businesses, this coverage can help pay for resulting losses.
- Personal and advertising injury—This coverage can insulate your company from losses if you were liable for personal and advertising injuries, such as slander, libel, copyright infringement or false advertising.
General Liability Insurance vs. Professional Liability Insurance
While general liability insurance provides a versatile safety net across many common risks and exposures, your organization may still need to augment its coverage portfolio with additional insurance. Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance, is essential to loss control practices for companies that provide professional services or advice. If a client alleges that they accrued financial losses due to your business providing inadequate services, such as those that were negligent, late or incomplete, this coverage can help pay for resulting losses.
Determining the Right Amount of General Liability Coverage for Your Business
The general liability insurance needs of your organization depend on many factors. Even businesses operating in the same sector or sharing similarities may have vastly different coverage needs. With that in mind, you should work with a qualified insurance professional and consider the following factors:
- Type of business
- Business size
- Customer base
- Workforce size
- Employees’ experience levels
- Ownership arrangement (e.g., sole proprietorship or partnership)
Get the Right Coverage
With over two decades of experience serving clients in Missouri, Kansas and Oklahoma, the knowledgeable staff at Bargain Insurance Connection are well-equipped to help your business understand general liability insurance. We will work with you to assess and address your coverage needs with optimal policies. Contact us
today to get started.